International Travel Warnings & Alerts
Many governments around the world have a
system in place to issue Travel Warnings &
Alerts for their citizens when travelling
abroad. Reasons for issuing a Travel Warning
& Alert for certain countries could be that
in those countries there are issues that
make travelling dangerous.
With these warnings and alerts you can
make your own decision on where, whether or
when you should travel.
- Examples for giving a Travel
Warning & Alert
- There are a wide variety of safety and
security reasons to issue a travel warning
for certain countries.
- Some of these reasons could be:
- - an unstable government
- - an ongoing or risk of civil war
- - intense violence or crime
- - risk of terrorist attacks
- - large scale demonstrations and
- - an outbreak of a deadly disease
However, the decision to travel is your
own personal responsibility and you are
responsible for your own safety while
travelling abroad. Travel warnings and
alerts only aim to help you make well
informed decisions on travelling abroad.
- Where does Travel Warning & Alert
information come from
- Foreign diplomatic missions abroad
inform each other on a daily basis about
local security conditions. Furtermore many
governments around the word issue
intelligence reports and threat
assessments on individual countries and/or
- All this information is than gathered
to make a decision on government level to
issue a travel warning or not.